I’m currently a week into my experiment of writing a blog post each day of the week (M-F) throughout the month of July, and already I’ve had a few realizations:
- Keeping a list of topics + ideas on the notes of my phone is crucial. Inspiration normally doesn’t strike at the specific time I’m ready to write, and it’s hard to recall inspired ideas from earlier in the day.
- Writing one day in advance is my sweet spot. Writing the day of becomes too pressure filled. The day prior still feels current and of-the-moment, minus the deadline induced stress.
- Keeping things succinct is a challenge for me (I’m working on it). I tend towards long emails that take even longer to write. Which isn’t ideal for a daily emailing routine.
- Despite taking up some of my limited worktime time, I’m genuinely still looking forward to writing this email each day, which is good news!
Today, in my pursuit of trying out different writing styles and blog formats to keep things fresh, I’m giving a nod to the weekly newsletter style of Austin Kleon (author of the excellent book, Show your Work) and I'm giving you 10 things that I find worth sharing this week:
- I’m a new convert to Matcha tea. I wanted to cut down to 1 cup of coffee per day, and I needed a good replacement to fill my other cups. You’ll now find me with warm or cold Matha lattes frothed up with almond milk, that are hitting the spot for me. I get my Matcha tea here.
- On the weekly Q+A call with my Overlooked 2 Obsessed program members, I shared about the Chrome extension, Loom. It’s pretty much the simplest (free) way I know to easily record screenshare videos (also with the option to show your pretty face!). Perfect for tutorials, personal video memos, or even course recordings!
- This killer FB post from Ron Reich on “10 Steps to Building a $500,000 per Year Expert Business” is must-read material.
- Anyone else with little kiddos that have decided their summer activity of choice is to push each others’ buttons? (as well as mommy’s!) I’m listening to this book on Audible, and can already tell a significant difference in our home dynamic when I utilize the strategies!
- I mentioned in one of my earlier emails this week that I’d bought a makeup course, and I received several messages back asking me which one! In case you were wondering, this is it.
- On Monday, Kendrick Shope (creator of Sales School - the leading online sales training for female entrepreneurs) kicks off her month of free sales training centered around how to get more clients. She’s been my personal mentor this year, and I highly recommend you take advantage of this opportunity to learn her sales skills for free!
- Want to *finally* get around to that personal goal you've been putting off for-EVER?! (think fitness, relationships, finances, etc.) Adrienne Dorsion is hosting “Commit Camp” in a private FB group to encourage everyone to commit to making ONE of your personal goals (no business allowed) happen. It kicks off on Monday.
- My husband and I are trying to make it a priority to work on US more this summer (which often gets pushed to the backburner with 3 little kids and busy lives). We’re loving the ideas and strategies from Rachel and Kyle at the Wright Wellness Center.
- Two of the ladies in my Live More Mastermind program put together this incredibly detailed prep + launch checklist for when you’re ready to launch a new website. Literally step-by-step through the entire process!
- I’ve been working on decluttering our home and throwing things away room by room this summer. This blog has been the biggest inspiration to me on this journey, especially considering she’s making it happen with 5 little kiddos in tow.
That’s a wrap!
Happy dog-days of summer weekend, and I’ll see you on Monday!
Join the Summer Snippets Series 2018
Join in as I write 30 days of daily emails (M-F) during the month of July to prove that you can provide high-value to your subscribers, while still selling, promoting, and moving forward your business goals. Want in for the ride?