This blog post is a part of The Live More, Work Less Blog Series where we're featuring real entrepreneurs at all stages of business that are actively pursuing the creation of a business that aligns with, and supports their ideal lifestyle, rather than working against it! REAL Entrepreneurs. REAL Stories. REAL Life.
Our hope is that this series inspires you, motivates you, and encourages you to re-examine your own definition of business + life success! You can explore the full index of featured entrepreneurs in this series HERE.
Love the Live More, Work Less Series?
Join the list + community. We'll keep you updated as to when the next set of featured entrepreneurs goes LIVE and more opportunities to get involved!
1. WHO ARE YOU? TELL US A LITTLE MORE ABOUT YOURSELF ...
Jackie - Pittsburgh pa. Live with my husband. Work full time as an attorney. Part time biz owner.
2. WHAT DO YOU DO? TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS.
I've been doing the legal work on my website for about 2 years.
3. A COUPLE QUICK QUESTIONS FOR FUN ...
+ Favorite morning drink? Coffee
+ Introvert or Extrovert? Both actually - depends on the situation!!
+ Currently obsessed with ... Pilates is my new obsession
+ Word or theme of the year? Relax
+ Favorite indulgence? Chips and dip
4. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO CREATE A LIVE MORE, WORK LESS BUSINESS + LIFESTYLE?
Since I work full time too, I end up working on my biz in the evenings and weekends. So I'm trying to continue to grow my biz, but automate more so that I can genuinely relax more.
5. WHAT ARE SOME STEPS YOU'VE TAKEN IN YOUR BUSINESS TO INTENTIONALLY MAKE IT MORE ALIGNED WITH THE WAY YOU DESIRE TO LIVE YOUR LIFE?
Trying to learn to say no more often. Also trying to not stress myself out when I'm feeling unmotivated or uninspired
6. WHAT'S YOUR "WHY" FOR PURSUING A LIVE MORE, WORK LESS BUSINESS?
Having more time to do the other things I enjoy.
7. HOW DO YOU CURRENTLY STRUCTURE YOUR WORKDAY OR WEEK?
Usually I check on biz things on my commute to work or lunch break. A few days a week I probably do a couple hours of work. Some weekends I'll do a few hours as well.
8. WHAT TYPES OF HOBBIES, ACTIVITIES, AND OTHER FUN THINGS DO YOU INTENTIONALLY INCLUDE IN YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF YOUR BUSINESS?
- Ballet classes
- Home DIY projects
- Hanging out with my dogs
9. WHAT DO YOU FIND AS THE BIGGEST STRUGGLE IN YOUR ONGOING QUEST TO BUILD A LIVE MORE, WORK LESS BUSINESS + LIFESTYLE?
Keeping on task when I actually have time for my biz. I need to streamline my processes!
My name is Jackie, and I started Jade and Oak in 2012 as a lifestyle blog and my creative outlet, as I was working full time as an attorney. I have been a licensed attorney in Pennsylvania since 2010 and have recently focused this blog more towards helping other bloggers on the business and legal side of blogging.
I know the law can be super intimidating, so it’s always my goal to educate bloggers in an easy to understand way. It’s super important that we legally protect our blogs ASAP so we don’t run into scary legal situations down the road.
You can find her online HERE: Jadeoak.com
LOVED JACKIE'S STORY? Don't forget to use the social sharing buttons below to share it with your friends! Or checkout the full index of featured stories HERE.