This blog post is a part of The Live More, Work Less Blog Series where we're featuring real entrepreneurs at all stages of business that are actively pursuing the creation of a business that aligns with, and supports their ideal lifestyle, rather than working against it! REAL Entrepreneurs. REAL Stories. REAL Life.
Our hope is that this series inspires you, motivates you, and encourages you to re-examine your own definition of business + life success! You can explore the full index of featured entrepreneurs in this series HERE.
Love the Live More, Work Less Series?
Join the list + community. We'll keep you updated as to when the next set of featured entrepreneurs goes LIVE and more opportunities to get involved!
1. WHO ARE YOU? TELL US A LITTLE MORE ABOUT YOURSELF ...
Kyla Roma Winnipeg, MB Canada Launch & marketing strategist My husband and I work together in my business and work from home with our son Devlin, born in 2017.
2. WHAT DO YOU DO? TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS.
I've been full-time self-employed since 2009 (aka 100 years in Internet time.) As a business coach and strategist, I help bosses launch successfully and create "YES!" moments for their ideal customers. My clients pour their time and energy into their work, and my job is to help make sure that work loves them back.
3. A COUPLE QUICK QUESTIONS FOR FUN ...
+ Favorite morning drink? Coffee!
+ Introvert or Extrovert? Introvert
+ Currently obsessed with ... Deadwood
+ Word or theme of the year? Simplify!
+ Favorite indulgence? Dark chocolate with sea salt. (Speaking of which...BRB!)
4. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO CREATE A LIVE MORE, WORK LESS BUSINESS + LIFESTYLE?
It's all about creating freedom for yourself - sustainable freedom. So many of us spend time looking to others to tell us what's working now, or what the newest tactic is. To me, part of being a strategic business owner is getting beyond that. We need to learn what our business is saying, act on it, and then keep moving forward!
5. WHAT ARE SOME STEPS YOU'VE TAKEN IN YOUR BUSINESS TO INTENTIONALLY MAKE IT MORE ALIGNED WITH THE WAY YOU DESIRE TO LIVE YOUR LIFE?
Understanding what really moves the needle in my business has allowed me to stop trying out every shiny new marketing trend that comes along. It lets me feel confident when I say no, and makes it possible to say yes enthusiastically to the right things.
In many ways, boundaries are a crucial part of what makes my business work. I only meet with clients on certain days, I work in batches on single tasks, I don't mistake my inbox for a to-do list. I'm focused on making my live, one-on-one time really count so I can spend time with my family.
6. WHAT'S YOUR "WHY" FOR PURSUING A LIVE MORE, WORK LESS BUSINESS?
I want to support my family, without giving up a full 40 hours a week of time I could spend with them.
7. HOW DO YOU CURRENTLY STRUCTURE YOUR WORKDAY OR WEEK?
I have specific days for client meetings and an ideal calendar that I follow for admin work, writing, email replies and working on projects. I try to work in advance as much as possible, so if my baby is having a hard day - or if I am - I can give time where it's needed.
8. WHAT TYPES OF HOBBIES, ACTIVITIES, AND OTHER FUN THINGS DO YOU INTENTIONALLY INCLUDE IN YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF YOUR BUSINESS?
- I read a lot.
- I love going on walks with my dogs, eating great food and traveling!
- I live in Canada, my sister lives in Berlin, and my sister-in-law works at Disney World, so we have lots of great incentive to travel.
- I'm also in local mother's groups, and I go to story time and other events with him during the week too.
9. WHAT DO YOU FIND AS THE BIGGEST STRUGGLE IN YOUR ONGOING QUEST TO BUILD A LIVE MORE, WORK LESS BUSINESS + LIFESTYLE?
Remembering that saying yes closes off as many future possibilities as saying no does. Saying no is hard, but remembering that makes it a little easier.
Kyla Roma is a digital strategist and business coach who teaches gutsy small business owners, bloggers and creative entrepreneurs how to shake off uncertainty and confidently grow their business.
She helps clients uncover unexpected opportunities, create profitable systems, build community and double down on their strengths. Her step-by-step and measurable approach makes social media, content marketing, business growth and digital strategy less stressful and more profitable.
You can find Kyla online HERE: www.kylaroma.com
LOVED Kyla's Story? Don't forget to use the social sharing buttons below to share it with your friends! Or checkout the full index of featured stories HERE.